Religion is an integrated part of the daily life of the students as Ascension School. Besides their daily Religion classes, students participate in prayer services, help to plan the weekly class Masses and monthly all school Masses. They participate in the rosary and Marian activities in October and May, participate in Advent and Lenten activities and have a special part in their sacramental preparation.
The religious dimension has two major goals:
religious instruction and religious information.
These goals are achieved through five components:
1. Religious studies
2. Integration of Christian values into all areas of the curriculum
3. Religious practices (Eucharist, daily prayers, special prayer services, etc.)
4. Religious environment in the school
5. Apostolic service projects
Children generally participate in the Celebration of the Eucharist with their class one day per week according to the following schedule:
- Grades 1, 2 and 3 on Tuesday
- Grades 4 and 5 on Thursday
- Grades 6, 7, and 8 on Wednesday
* Kindergarten attends the Celebration of the Eucharist periodically.
Special feast days are celebrated by the entire school at monthly all school masses.
Students in Grade two are given the opportunity to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation in the fall and the Sacrament of the Eucharist in the spring. Students in Grade eight receive the Sacrament of Confirmation at the New Cathedral in the spring.
Parents are expected to attend Sacrament preparation meetings to help them prepare the child for the reception of the Sacrament.